Wednesday, September 2, 2015

 My name is Emily Sanchez and I live in San Jose, California. I've lived in San Jose my entire life but mother originated from Mexico and the rest of my family came from Mexico as well. I also have some family that lives in El Salvador. 
 I love to garden, I use to garden a lot because my parents always planted fruits, vegetables, and flowers in our backyard. I used to cook the plants we grew afterwards too but, my parents made amazing dishes from the vegetables we grew. I remember gardening cantaloupe and it was very tiring to take care of the plant but it was also fun watching it grow from a seed to a melon. The cantaloupe was very fresh and tasted much better than GMO melons  My dad knows a lot about gardening and horticulture, he mostly likes to plant vegetables like corn, chilies, and tomatoes because he loves to eat them afterwards and cook them into tasty dishes. My dad also used to plant vegetables and help garden other plants in a community garden I would come along too and observe how he tended herbs and other plants.

2 comments: